No comms on a "new" ECM

Bob Wooten r71chevy at earthlink.net
Fri Jun 22 03:14:54 GMT 2001

Evening Gents,

I went to the wrecker a while back & got two new 7730's.  they both appear
to work fine, but one does not have any comms' through the ALDL. it is not
setting any codes & seems to run fine, but no comms.  is this @ all common?
I have a couple of others that I have blown up (limp home mode only & no
comms), is it worth it to try to pull the RS232 chip out of one & stick it
into the other?

Which brings me to another question now that I think about it.  when the ECM
goes into LHM, does it automatically shut off the ALDL, or have I blown that
up as well on the two that I have that are damaged (not the one above).

Tanx again guys

Bob Wooten
r71chevy at earthlink.net
www.r71camaro.homestead.com