BLM Cells for $88

rr RRauscher at nni.com
Tue Jun 26 01:06:58 GMT 2001

They can definately be helpful for tuning. What I have done is to put
BLM boundries in place that define a small area. I usually tie the
boundries to the VE table. Splitting it so a cell covers a single entry
is the VE table. I do this with particular areas in mind.

Even with this the engine is required to be steady state long
enough for a good reading. The regular 'ole O2 sensors are also
a little on the slow side. I've since gone back to using the INT.

I've found the 16-cell deal with factory boundries to be course. It
can actually be a hinderence while tuning.

The $88 mask is kinda interesting. There are three basic cells: 0 for
idle, 1 for cruise, and 2 for decel. The decel cell is not updated like
a regular cell. It seems to be lag filtered in from cell 1. Not only that,
there is another bank of cells 0 & 1 that are lag filtered. The code is too
convoluted for my brain. I've looked at it and haven't quite figured it
all out yet. Don't know what GM is up too.

I do know that there is a need for at least one BLM cell. If nothing
else but to adjust to the proper afr. Then hiway mode works. . .

BobR.