BLM Cells for $88

Scot Sealander Sealand at clarityconnect.com
Tue Jun 26 01:27:46 GMT 2001

Squash wrote:

> Doesn't the BLM account for loss of engine efficiency?

Over the life time of an engine, sure.  I think we are saying the same
thing here, that BLM is for correction, not tuning.

> Maybe efficiency changes dramatically enough at different cell boundaries that it
> warrants having different cells?

Why would efficiency change dramatically at a cell boundary?

I imagine that a cam going flat would really lose efficiency at higher
RPMs, but are we going to keep running an engine with a flat cam?  Are
we going to tune to that condition?

> Why did GM love them so much?

And why did they also use so few?  Anyway, not a question for me to try
and answer....

> Some TBI truck 350's have 32 cells, some 4.  Why the difference on almost the same
> engine?

I have seen cell blocks duplicated for CannPurge and non-CanPurge
operation.  You would really have to know the problem that the code
writer was trying to solve.

Scot Sealander