727/730 ANHT hiway spark enable

Craig Marcho cmarcho at swbell.net
Sat Jun 30 03:22:27 GMT 2001

Hello all! The insurance company totalled my '85 vette that was struck
by lightning last month.. I was going to yank the '870 out of it one day
and put the '165 in but never got around to it. Now, I jumped right past
all the '86-'89 MAF stuff and got a 1990 vette! It really runs great.
It's bone stock right now. My question... I know that the hiway spark
mph is set to 255 so to enable it I need to lower it to a more
reasonable speed like 55 or 60mph, right? But I also noticed some other
things that seem like it'll keep hiway spark from happening. One is the
min coolant temp for hiway spark advance. In my ANHT bin it is set at
151C. Do I need to lower this as well? Then there's min rpm for hiway
spark advance set at 3175rpm. I guess I need to lower that too? Anything
else I'm missing?

Oh, and I still haven't been able to get Diacom to link up with this car
yet! I've tried everything with this stupid Thinkpad. I'm trying to pick
up a cheap Compaq unit off ebay.. See if that will work for me.

Thanks!
Craig M.