NOW: GUN CONTROL - now RIGHTS

Tedscj at aol.com Tedscj at aol.com
Fri Jun 1 04:31:28 GMT 2001

The interesting thing about having a RIGHT is that it needs no justification.
 I can own a rifle because I like to hunt, or a .45 for self defense, or
twenty different firearms because I think they are 'pretty'.  But I DON"T
have to justify my rights to ANYONE.  Not my neighbors, not DIY_EFI list
members, and CERTAINLY not my government.  I think people don't have a clue
what a RIGHT is.
  A right is something possessed by each and every individual.  As in a
'God-given right' or a 'natural right'.  Rights are NOT on loan from the
government, to be repossessed at the governments convenience.  That is why
the US is the only 'free country' on the planet (at least in regard to the
rights that we still have.)  Countries like England (and I think Australia,
too) are only posing as free countries.  They don't even have the right to
the freedom of speech.  That freedom is simply a privilege granted by a
benevolent government.  A privilege that can be taken away whenever the
government sees fit (The British government bans books and even video games
that it views without merit and socially damaging.)
Anyway, the point is that when someone from Australia, or worse yet, America
asks you "why do you need a gun", thereby asking us to justify our rights as
free-men (or women), they simply display their ignorance and demonstrate the
ever present requirement that those of us who still value our rights must be
vigilant in their defense.  Because the majority of humans on this planet
will NEVER get it.  They are destined to live their life as the 'sheep'.  Me,
I just want to be a 'horse'.
(or a horses ass, as the case may be! ;)