Converting a Mopar 440 to GM TBI translated

Gerald Pelnar wd0fyf at mpks.net
Thu Mar 8 18:50:05 GMT 2001

I have a throttle body from a GM 2.8. The IAC is mounted on a plate that's
easily removed from the throttle body. It looks like it could be adapted to
a block of aluminum to make a remote IAC. I think it's the same as the 3.1.

thanks
Gerald Pelnar
McPherson, KS
wd0fyf at mpks.net
http://www.mpks.net/homepage/wd0fyf/

From: Shannen Durphey <shannen at grolen.com>

> Gerald Pelnar wrote:
>

> > Bzzzzt! Not the answer I was looking for. I was hoping to use a 7747
with
> > the Chrysler throttle body, but it also uses a throttle kicker motor. I
was
> > talking to a Chevy mechanic (old Chrysler man) today about my
conversion. He
> > also mentioned the Caddy TBI system and the possibility of using a Ford
> > external IAC.
>
> You might look at the GM 3.1 fwd engines.  Some of them have an external
adapter
> bolted on to hold an IAC motor.  That might be a good start to your
project.