Converting a Mopar 440 to GM TBI

Brian Roth broth at sanjuan.edu
Thu Mar 8 18:49:10 GMT 2001

I'll try. Here goes.

Bob,

	I saw the page you posted on the conversion you did. You may be
almost as cheap as me. I really admire your work!
	I have a 1983 Mitsubishi pickup in which I have installed a 1988 Mustang 5.0
EFI HO motor. It works pretty well.
	The purpose of this inquiry, though, is another project I am contemplating.
I want to add GM TBI to my 1978 Mopar 440 which powers my 23 foot motorhome.
I want to scavenge parts from our local self service junk yards.
	I have some questions that I thought you might answer:

Did GM make more than one throttle body with two injectors. I noticed you
used a throttle body that you did not know the origin of on your 403. I
assume the CFM flow rate is OK even though I understand you are not using
this as  a fuel source but mainly for air metering. My brief research seems
to indicate that there was only one two barrel throttle body made, the model
220, which was used on everything from V6's to 454s. I want something close
to what was used on the 454s but fuel injected 454s are impossible to come
by at the price I am willing to pay. Could I get the throttle body from,
say, a Cadillac 4.1, add injectors designed for a 454, use the harness,
computer and sensors (modified for V8 use) from a 4.3 V6 or 2.8 V6 and be
ready to rock and roll? It seems that I may not want to use all of the Caddy
4.1 setup because it is Digital Fuel Injection.

Let me know what you think if you have the time.

Brian Roth
broth at sanjuan.edu

Thanks for taking the time.

Brian