GM PROM identification after the silver sticker has been removed?

Jason R. Haines jhaines at lingenfelter.com
Fri Mar 9 21:30:22 GMT 2001

Anyone know how to distinguish the different GM PROMs after the silver sticker has been removed from the chip (and the chip has been erased)? I can usually do a silicon signature check on the chip itself to tell what kind of chip it is but that doesn't help much (narrows it down to a couple of years at best). We have dozens of chips that don't have a sticker on them anymore so I don't know what they are.

Thanks,

Jason