Limp home mode

Bob Wooten r71chevy at earthlink.net
Sun Mar 11 04:36:45 GMT 2001

Evening all,

I am wondering if there is a document that describes the limp home mode?
specifically what gets shut off in the ECM & what continues to run.  I have
been looking @ the print for the 7730 & it appears that some of the devices
that the CPU use when running normally get the CS taken away when in limp
home mode.  I am off to delve into the vast expanse of the Archives &
thought I would shoot a line out there & see if I get lucky.

on a related note in the 7730, U17 looks to be kind of a watchdog type of
chip.  mine only has the GM number (16034992) on it (maybe a cross reference
guide?).  does any one know what the part number is for the non GM part.
for example there are some MUX's & some 74-138's on the CPU that have GM
part number & they are pretty obvious, just hoping that I could get a spec
sheet to see how it works.  AKA what are inputs, what are outputs & what is
the logic.

thanks Mucho.

Bob Wooten
r71chevy at earthlink.net