GM PROM identification after the silver sticker has been remo ved?

Ludis Langens ludis at cruzers.com
Mon Mar 12 00:28:57 GMT 2001

> "Jason R. Haines" wrote:
>
> I can usually do a silicon signature check on the chip itself to tell
> what kind of chip it is but that doesn't help much (narrows it down to
> a couple of years at best). We have dozens of chips that don't have a
> sticker on them anymore so I don't know what they are.

I assume you are trying to figure what type of EPROM you have.  If so,
look for the GM part number.  These are the common numbers:

 32500 or 16032500 : 2732
 26403 or 16026403 : TMS2532
 69300 or 16069300 : 27128
 (69300 or 16069300) and 5012 : 27256 used as a 27128 (usually)
 045915 or 16045915 : 27256
 67633 or 16067633 : 27512

This'll get you close - you'll need to try retrieving the silicon
signature to figure out the exact variation of PROM.  I've encountered
just a few 2732's and 27128's which used a different (older) part number.

If you have MEMCALs with erased PROMs, and you need to find out the
application, the 16+14 pin DIPs and the letter code in the ESC module
will steer you toward the application.