motor go boom

ECMnut at aol.com ECMnut at aol.com
Wed Mar 14 13:24:33 GMT 2001

   <<snip>>
>  I think we've all had those moments where leasing a 4 door, automatic Honda
>  looks good.  There's been more than a few times that I considered hanging
up
>  the tools for good ... but it never lasts for more than a day or so.  Hope
>  to see you back in the saddle soon!

Had the moment & did it.  Getting 30 MPG, driving 120+ miles a day
while my toys are at home in the garage, safe from parking lot
bimbos and car thieves is not all bad.  205k miles has brought many
oil changes, 2 sets of brake pads, 1 set of spark plugs, a muffler,
a set of tires, and two air filters.  The friggin power windows,
cruise control, cassette player and AC all work great.
The car has NEVER stranded me, but I still have 100k more miles
to go before I throw it away.  I swore that I'd never drive a 17 second
car, but It has allowed me to plan & execute projects on my other
vehicles without a "Monday deadline", which make for a better job
in the end.  Half of the $$ that used to go into my tank is now
 used for EFI auto experiments.  If you don't drive long distances
to work, your results may vary.
Cheers,
Mike V