May have been wrong all along

Carl Ijames ijames at netaxs.com
Fri Mar 16 03:08:42 GMT 2001

>32's..  I'm looking for 36-38's  Anyone know of a good source?

High impedance 36's are real popular in the TR world, either the older Ford
"blue tops" or the newer "868"'s.  Check with cottonsperformance.com or
precisionte.com or ramchargers.com if they have their web site
finished.  Prices are in the $225-250 range for 6.

>Exactly.  Even moreso for 7000 RPM and above..  I've heard of 2.5L hybrids
>running 40-42 lbs range.

I'm running 72's at 37 psi fuel pressure on my 3.8L TR.  That's a 3.8 bore
x 3.4 stroke.  It idles okay, a little rough at times, but the pulse widths
are definitely down where the injector is unhappy.  These are 2 ohm Delphi
injectors and I just changed the driver transistors in the ecm to 10A parts
- no peaknhold.  At 650 rpm the PW is 2.7-2.9 msec.  I just got my
emissions test notice so I have to beg some time on a friend's exhaust gas
analyzer and optimize the fuel pressure to see if I can get through.  I
started at 37 psi because I don't need all that flow and wanted to keep the
PW as long as possible.
Regards,
Carl Ijames     ijames at netaxs.com