Torque converter problems?

Keith D. Miller kdmiller at westnet.com
Sat Mar 17 04:19:50 GMT 2001

Stupid mail server claimed I was relaying... resending.

They don't, without the solenoid connected that are the
same as a trans without a TCC. The problem comes from
steeper (numerically lower) rear gears and/or overdrive
trans ratios. They keep the engine at such a low rpm that
the converter would always slip excessively and generate
heat if a TCC were not used.

Keith