440 ecm app

KasaRyan at aol.com KasaRyan at aol.com
Sat Mar 17 20:58:44 GMT 2001

A friend of mine and I just got done stuffing a 99 mopar 360 with efi into a
kaiser military truck.  The engine and ecm was originally set up for
automatic.  We just wired the switch on the trans to indicate to the ecm that
it is always in 2nd gear.  Then it never tries and fails to give a tc lockup
or gear shift to the trans, fail, and set a code.  We used a voltage divider
to fool the after cat 02 sensors.  The fuel and timing curves on a manual app
are slightly different from auto, but you can use an auto ecm without too
much trouble.  We did use a chrysler manual trans with speed generator.
Inline ones are available from jagsthatrun, howell, and probably tpis.

Thanks for listening to my electroyappin!
Ryan Hampl - a K-State Grad!  kasaryan at aol.com
139 Hoover Ct.                     Controls Engineer
Salina, KS  67401                  97 B12 / 93 chevy truck EFI 383
phone  (785) 825 5831
I'M ALWAYS FIRST TO THE GROCERY STORE!
http://hometown.aol.com/kasaryan/myhomepage/hotspot.html
<A HREF="http://hometown.aol.com/kasaryan/myhomepage/hotspot.html">Ryan Hampl
and his happenin' Hotspot</A> - updated 11/20/00