Palm ALDL Data Logger

Andrew K. Mattei amattei at mindspring.com
Mon Mar 19 02:48:22 GMT 2001

> Hey Andrew,
> is there a diagram of your cable anywhere?
> I'd like to try this.
> Thanks,
> Mike V

Yup, check out:

http://www.mindspring.com/~amattei/aldlif.jpg

And Bill wrote:

> I don't have my 8051 running on the bench yet.  I've got it mounted on the
board,  and I have one of JC's stim boards and your ALDL - 232 converter
ready to go,  but I'm missing the ECM connectors.  After I get the
connectors it shouldn't take much to
> make the Palm sync up to the 8051.  You wouldn't happen to have some
spares hanging around,  would you?

I have Packard electronics PCM pins, but no connectors. I don't use
connectors. :) Only 9 pins involved in benching a 8051 anyway. I just daisy
chain power on one line, ground on another, and have the serial data line.
Works great.

And I plan to test the 2-transistor circuit with the Palm interface - to see
if I can't get a super tiny cable. The 2-transistors seem to be OK for
scanning, I just don't trust them to program or be as compatible as the
MAX232 circuits. I've got some 2-transistor PCB's built up that fit in a db9
shell, takes up about 1 cm^2.

-Andrew