Reply to Squash's reply about What ECM should I use for my Mopar 440 con...

WEG1192 at aol.com WEG1192 at aol.com
Tue Mar 20 11:58:04 GMT 2001

In a message dated 03/16/2001 2:52:40 PM Eastern Standard Time,
sravet at arm.com writes:

<< P4 is a later generation ECM.  More advanced diagnostics, faster ALDL
 data stream, etc.  The problem is, as far as I know, that there isn't a
 P4 TBI ECM that doesn't also want to shift an automatic transmission.
 You probably don't want to put in a 4L60E (or 4L80E) transmission with
 your 440.  You can get a port injected ECM without trans controls, but
 no TBI ECM.  I'd like to be proven wrong on this point but I don't think
 I am.

 --steve >>
 I have Tunercats tdf file for the $OD 1995 PCM. I asked TC the same
questions about using this PCM for non elec trannys and was told to just
click the box for manual tranny in the switches section. Haven't reied it yet
but sounds simple enough. JW