rapid flashing ses

Daniel E. Griffin slowfatslug at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 21 01:50:53 GMT 2001

Got my pocket programmer a couple weeks ago and just burned my first chip
ever the other day.. Made a duplicate of the original just to see if it
would work and it did!..Truck actually ran slightly better, (wierd)..
Using winbin I made one change (Bruce's recommendation) and burned another,
installed it, and ses light began flashing rapidly with key in on
position..chip wasent reversed position in the zif socket..and ecm was
unplugged when I installed the chip..re-installed the duplicate I copied and
no flashing ses light,  so Im stumped..  Bad checksum? ... winbin does the
checksum for you, right?....  or software incompatibility issue with winbin
747 settings  to my 165?  others on the list have tuned 165's with winbin,
right?  my trucks an 88 tech 4 cyl, 165 ecm, bcc amjw 8486,...thanks for any
help, more questions forthcoming im sure....  dan