Open/closed loop Jeckyl/Hyde

akallotte at juno.com akallotte at juno.com
Fri Mar 23 13:35:29 GMT 2001

I think this is mainly an IAC problem, but I don't know what's causing
the spastic IAC.  In open loop, it's wide open and I've got low vacuum
and a lean condition.  Probably because the IAC is just a vacuum leak.
In closed loop, the IAC closes and life is good.

Why is the IAC wide open in open loop?  I haven't changed my idle speeds
in the program, but my new mechanical idle is set slightly higher than
the eprom's commanded idle.  Why is it opening all the way up at 700 when
the car runs much better at 700 with it closed?

Am I missing something obvious?  Until I get some ideas, I think all I
can do is unplug the IAC and see what happens.