bad part throttle hesitation and stumble cured....

Craig Marcho marcho at flash.net
Sat Mar 24 04:36:42 GMT 2001

Well, for the past several months I've had an on and off part throttle
hesitation/stumble/miss that has been bugging me really bad. Some days it
was really bad, and ran like crap. Some days it would be fine. It was
running crappy more than fine, though. I changed spark plugs, wires, bought
a new distributor (old one had 170,000 miles on it) and burned countless
chips trying to figure this out. I did other things, too, but have forgotten
how much I've done trying to get rid of this problem. Well, a couple days
ago, by mistake, I solved it. I feel stupid. While washing my car, I pop the
hood and wash the motor off like I always do. When I went to dry the TPI
stuff off, I jiggled the connectors on the fuel injectors for no reason.
>From that moment on, I noticed the car ran so freakin' smooth! I went home
and plugged Diacom in to see if I could notice anything different. Nope,
looked about the same as usual (which ain't saying much since I have an '870
ECM). The next day I enjoy my smooth running car. Later that evening it
started stumbling again. I pop the hood, jiggle the connectors and instantly
it's running smooth again. This weekend if the weather clears up, I'm going
to pull each injector connector and crimp the things inside somehow to make
sure they are making good contact with the injectors. One or more of them
must not be making good contact! I don't know how many months and dollars
I've gone through trying to figure this out! Just thought I'd pass this
along for others that might feel like they're running out of options
sometimes... check the wiring/connectors! Could be something loose! Now it's
like I have a whole new car! I gotta get back to the track... I ran a 13.73
@ 100mph with it missing like this!

Craig M.
http://welcome.to/corvette/