1992 W-body Questions...

OneSS2NV at aol.com OneSS2NV at aol.com
Sun Mar 25 16:35:13 GMT 2001

Hello all,
   I figured this would be the place to go, out of the few lists that I
belong to.  My questions aren't exactly ECM-related, but I know a few of you
out here play with many different types of cars and may be able to help me.

   My girlfriend owns a '92 Buick Regal with the Port Fuel Injected 3.8L.
She's owned it since new, and it only has about 38K miles on it.  I'm going
to change the plugs, wires, and air filter today, because the stuff is still
all original!   Those are the easy parts, though.  My first question is:
does anyone know where the fuel filter is in this car?  Its original as well,
so I know it needs to be replaced.  I'm assuming its along the underbody of
the car, near the rear wheel like most GM apps, but I'd like to be certain
before getting dirty <g>.

   The second question is electrical-related for this car.  It seems that
even when she has a full tank of gas, the "Low Fuel" and "Check Gages" lamps
are on.  Anyone have an idea of where to troubleshoot this problem from?

       Thanks in advance,
          Steve Ragusa
           North Jersey
   '85 Monte SS w/ '87 F-body TPI