350 TPI + ??

Rob Berg rgberg at srv.net
Mon Mar 26 05:16:22 GMT 2001

At 11:20 PM 3/25/01 -0500, you wrote:
>What kind of use does your 4X4 get? Is more torque needed, is fuel mileage
>important? Nitrous is always cheap and easy, but is it controllable in the
>terrain you may want to use it in? I don't recommend using it at less than
>WOT. If you're climbing steep grades or getting stuck, I'd go the cubic
>inches route. Are the intake/exhaust systems stock or upgraded?
>AL
Torque..  of course  .. more the merrier..
Most usage is on the street, no high rpm stuff.

Fuel mileage... well, guess you know the anwser to that..
Let's see... 25mpg would be nice.. assuming I kept my foot out of it.. HAH!

Understand the WOT.   I guess nitrous is most usable at WOT ..
('Till I develop my on progressive controller .. any ideas .. specs?)

Exhaust has headers with 3 1/2" pipes back.

Intake is being modified.  Currently running a K&N filter with 1" chopped
of the front to clear the fan.  Working on  having a cold air duct run from
the original '93 filter (also K&N) over to the TPI inlet (no small feat, I
might add, but hey, neither is a 350 Chevy).

Well, I'll be the first to admit.  Except for the 4 ... 'uh, ok, 6 months
out of the year, most of it is street driven.  Though, I can't live without
my 4x4 in the winter!.  The way it is right now, it fits my use in the
winter (except for the touchy throttle on that pea gravel and white stuff
they put on our roads here in Idaho.)  The rest of the year is just play
time.  (As my rear tires are starting to tell me)...

Rob