WB update: 4V output

bcroe at juno.com bcroe at juno.com
Thu Mar 29 23:30:46 GMT 2001

All,

I'd better add a note to my last post that the exact values
were for R9 and R10 connections to VR3 NOT reversed.
The Ip signal is not symetric so if you reverse them it
will be necessary to change the offset voltage applied
to R11 (100K) from 0.811V to 0.189V.  This can be done
by replacing R11 with a 102.42K resistor from U3A + to
actual ground, and a 4.233 meg resistor from U3A + to
8 volts

Marvin,

To get a 0 to 4 volt output I'll assume we are reversing
the connections of R9 and R10 to VR3, but lets leave
them 22K for more gain.  Lets again assume an Ip
current variation of 3.97 ma through a VR3 of 151.6 ohms
will produce a signal of 0.601V.  To get this up to 4V
we need R11 and R12 to be 4/.601 times 22k (R9 and
10), or 146.4K.  The bottom of R11 will be moved from
virtual ground to an actual 0.752V source.  Or replace
it with a 110.4K resistor from U3A + to actual ground,
and a 1.064 meg resistor from U3A + to 8V

Once again, if you go for the 11:1 to 22:1 range instead
of the 10.62:1 to 17:1 on Bruce Plecans' chart on the
Web site, you will need to modify the above a bit.  I
am still looking for an explanation of A/F calibration
procedures.  Bruce Roe