Distributor Question

Bob Valentine bob at tecmark.com
Fri Mar 30 06:51:51 GMT 2001

You lock the mechanical advance weights from moving, let the ECM do all the
spark timing.    You might consider using a stock GM distributor to get
started, since you'll have your hands full of other "issues" getting
started and this would be one less thing to worry about.

If you can map out your best-running carb advance curve, do it.  Set that
curve into the calibration and use it as a start for tuning.   A lot of the
gains apparent with EFI are really due to the absolute control over spark
advance which just isn't possible mechanically.

Yep, the module is standard, get'em anywhere but I'll take a used GM over a
aftermarket anytime.

-> Bob Valentine
-> bob at tecmark.com