Programmers and emulators

DC Smith morepoweral at tetranet.net
Thu Mar 1 02:42:05 GMT 2001

 It probably just smoked that 1.50 radio shack transistor in there. It's shown in the owners manual on disk. If you boot the computer with the PP hooked up and powered is what seems to fry mine. I've fixed it numerous times, after I wasn't watching what was going on close enough. Get in a hurry, smoke the programmer. Just that easy. lol
I carry a spare transistor and solder iron when I travel. That way I can fix it in the motel room. :)

Drew Skinner wrote:

> Well,
>
> It seems my Pocket Programmer has bit the big one. So I am looking at replacements. Has anyone had a PP last for very long, I can pay the $55 to have this one fixed but if the life span of these units is a little more than a year, then I'd rather belly-up to the bar and spring for a better programmer. I spent a couple of hours last night browsing over my options, I'm liking the EMP-10, as I don't need a super-duper universal programmer than can support 7000 devices.
>
> I'm looking at emulators as well and I noticed that xtronics has an emulator for the PP and I was curious if anyone has used this thing before?
>
> It's price is attractive, but so was the cost of the PP and it seems you get what you pay for... I am really leaning toward the pro-series emulator from ldti.com. Any opinions out there? What has been proven to work well in EFI apps? Can I still use TunerCat w/ an emulator?
>
> Thanks for the bandwidth,
> Drew

Dan Smith      84 Regal   11.841 at 115.09     GSCA# 1459
St.Charles, Missouri
mailto:morepoweral at tetranet.net
http://www.tetranet.net/users/morepoweral
Owner of the spittinest, pukinest, nastiest running, converted
hot air turbo regal on the planet.