Latest PCM?

FJ40 fj40 at cascadecruisers.com
Tue May 1 01:49:51 GMT 2001

This PCM came with a 5.3L vortec and 4L60E that I got from a wrecked 2000 suburban.  I have the service manuals for this setup.  I am currently trying to get the engine installed in an '88 landcruiser.  I am hoping by the time I get to the computer someone will have figured out how to read/modify/reprogram the flash memory in the thing.

I have to adjust for tire size and gears.

I may also want to get rid of the Passlock II system on it.  (Special resistor in ignition key switch which is read by BCM.  BCM then tells PCM to turn on fuel.)  I have the key and switch but the BCM was lost by the wrecking yard.  They bought me a new one for $200 but it is not programmed.  There are programing procedures in the manual that supposedly will work without the TechII programmer.  I just need the BCM to learn the key I don't care if it can't figure out the cell phone, power windows, gps, etc.