Hiway747 works!(A little EFI content)

WEG1192 at aol.com WEG1192 at aol.com
Tue May 1 02:12:16 GMT 2001

In a message dated 04/30/2001 7:29:57 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
shannen at grolen.com writes:

<< We all live with personal tragedy.  The greater the tragedy, the greater
the
 potential for personal improvement. >>

At this point, I give up trying to placate you and any other self appointed
rulers of this list. You and others like you think its cool holding others
hostage with your precious info. Like I said before, I enjoy working on EFI
and thats the only reason I keep doing it. I could work many other jobs and
even moonlight doing the same thing I do at work for other clients. But I got
tired of dealing with assholes who wouldn't pay me. Now I have to put up with
assholes of a different nature.

I've tried as hard as I could to keep from getting personal on this list, but
you've crossed the line. I sold my golf clubs at a pawn shop two years ago so
quit judging me by what you think you know about me. I have paid some
neighborhood kids a few bucks to help me clean TBIs and I've got some very
satisfied customers who are thrilled with the way their old gas hog runs now.

I would have given up doing this long ago, but I recieved a lot more support
off list instead of this kind of holier than thou rhetoric. I also recieved a
couple comments about the website that said it really helped them to
understand the overall picture of tuning, which I felt was sorely lacking in
the GMECM site.

The fact that my website looks similar to my commerical site is that it is
the same. It's all I have time to write and is a work in progress. But I
thought its current state would help anyway so I put it out there. Sure I
added the GM thanks so it WOULDN'T look like my commercial site. And I
intentionally wrote it to not reference my commerical business. Somehow you
missed that. You sure have a way of twisting things around to suit your
viewpoint.

If you had ever owned your own business, you'd realize how much fun it is to
call your own shots rather than suck up to some boss who couldn't give a damn
about your future. Its a way of life, not just a way to make money and until
you see that you'll never get it. My goal has always been to make enough
money to repay my friend, and I doubt if I can keep up this pace forever. I
just didn't say why I needed the money because I figured it wasn't any of
your business. But once you start bad mouthing my character, I thought it
might reveal that I'm not in this for greed. I'm in it for fun first, and
money second. The fact is the lack of profit may run me out of this business
as well, but if I have helped someone get their car running better, get
better gas mileage, and stop polluting as much, it will have been worth it.

Finally, I'm tired of all this do it for free BS. Every single mechanic and
technician on this list is benefitting his employer by what he learns on this
list. Thats the real stealing on here since the dealership isn't having to
pay to send you to training class. I'll give what I can when I can, but I am
not going to be hypocritical about giving and not taking. At least I admit to
using the list info to make a little money.

Also, why the selective discrimination? I haven't seen you lambast Tunercat,
Andrew Mattei, Terry Kelly, Lyndon, or anyone else making money on here. I
bought Tunercat, and plan to buy Datamaster when I make enough profit. I am
glad they sell their stuff since I don't have the time to write ecu files.
The challenge of running a business is to do it efficiently, not stupidly.

The saddest thing about this site is the way you and a few others run it.
Most guys just lurk for fear of saying something that will piss you and
others (Bruce, Len, etc.) off. Others tolerate me without any public
assistance and thats fine. But if anyone is keeping information from being
freely shared, its you and others who implicitly censor (no pun intended)
what is said here. Its utterly ridiculous that other guys have to Email me
off list so that they won't publicly look like they support me. I guess I'm
in the minority since I apparently have nothing to lose by speaking my mind.

I am not asking anyone to take sides in this, I'm just asking you to keep
your self serving opinions to yourself. This will be the last time I respond
to your insults and accusations. I simply don't have the time. JW

<EFI content> Gas mileage with hiway mode at 18 AFR was less than at 14.7. I
guess the lean mixture put the engine into a higher MAP region thereby using
more gas. There must be a point of no return between 14.7 and 18.