Tuning/philosophy question

Bob Wooten r71chevy at earthlink.net
Tue May 1 05:55:40 GMT 2001

Good evening,

Having been to the track this past weekend & now sitting down & looking @
the data has prompted me to think about stepping up the effort.  It is
apparent to me that I am going to have to jump in & hammer down the tune on
the motor.  I have done some small stuff but I think that it is time to get
serious.

Here is the question.  Should I load in the Sy/Ty code & start from scratch,
OR should I fine tune in the 8D code & then move to the Sy/Ty code when I
have the blower/turbo(s) on the car.  The only reason to hesitate is that I
have all the stuff for the 8D (editor & ALDL monitor), & I am still not
strong on the tuning thing yet.  I have only done baby steps & am not the
guru that yall are.  I think that I still have a TON to learn & whether I do
it on the $8D or $58 code I am going to have to do it.  Not to mention with
the sudden price increase in GMEPro, not sure that I am going to be able to
sell enough kids to afford the update price:).

I would appreciate your thoughts, thank you gents (& ladies)

Bob Wooten
r71chevy at earthlink.net
www.r71camaro.homestead.com