memcals (Ross Myers)

Ross Myers ponty at axis.jeack.com.au
Thu May 3 07:59:34 GMT 2001

> >The real hassle (for Aussie's) is getting hold of a V8 Memcal with the
> >correct knock filter board mounted.
>
> Can an V6 knock filter board be mounted on a V8 memcal? Or does this cause
> other problems?

Yes it can be swapped, and I have done this, but it seems to pick up knock
more often than the V8 one. In fact, running premium fuel, the original V8
(with knock) never gets any, the V6 will pick up knock at least once a
minute.
I don't know if it is actually knocking though, just going on what the ALDL
data says.

> He sure does!  But what can I do with these numbers?

Just use to confirm what you have.

>  Does GMH keep these separately in stock?

No.

Bye,
Ross