Current load of Injector driver

rr RRauscher at nni.com
Sat May 5 00:49:33 GMT 2001

The parts from another '747 could be used to build two additional
drivers. Each of the four drivers would need to have separate outputs.
Two drivers can be triggered by one input, the other two by the
other input. This would work nicely for 2-2bbls or a 4-bbl TBI.

Be aware that a driver circuit consist of an 8-pin dip, the output
transistor (in TO-220 case) and a couple of caps, resistors & diodes.

I haven't examined the circuit layout (PCB) too closely. However,
the parts are grouped together on the board. It might be possible to
cut out that area of board and use it. The output transistors of course
are mounted to a heat sink. With a little ingenuity the two additional
drivers could be mounted inside of an existing '747.

BobR.