thor's hammer ignition and mileage

KasaRyan at aol.com KasaRyan at aol.com
Sat May 5 03:35:11 GMT 2001

I am currently having some mileage problems with my new engine.  I burned a
new chip with the proper 713cc/cyl instead of 784.  Everything on the 350 is
the same as was on the 383.  Same cam (degreed straight up and dead on)
heads, int, exh, compression, Ign. timing, etc.  Just smaller. 355 not 383.
Anywhoo, before at 70 mph I was at 2350 rpm, 15% throttle, 1.86V map. 127-129
INT. Light accel up a hill on cruise brought me to 2.25V map.  Now a 70 mph
cruise takes 19-20% throttle and 2.20V map.  slight accel raises me above 3V
MAP.  still 126-130 INT.

  My mileage sucks too because of the increased load or something.  The only
thing I can think of being different is that before I used RC12YC plugs
gapped at .050, the new ones are gapped at .035 out of the wrapper.  I have
an accel 300+ and hot coil, so I guess the only thing for me to try is to
open the plug gaps.  I couldn't find a leak anywhere.

Can anyone help me out.  I talking less than 10mpg, and that is no fun.

Thanks for listening to my electroyappin!
Ryan Hampl - a K-State Grad!  kasaryan at aol.com
139 Hoover Ct.                     Controls Engineer
Salina, KS  67401                  97 B12 / 93 chevy truck
phone  (785) 825 5831
I'M ALWAYS FIRST TO THE GROCERY STORE!
http://hometown.aol.com/kasaryan
<A HREF="http://hometown.aol.com/kasaryan">Ryan Hampl and his happenin'