Turning up the vacuum

Matt Sandine msandine at purdue.edu
Sat May 5 04:15:18 GMT 2001

In the '85 ECM, there are only 2 choices I see regarding the IAC valve. When
you raise the idle for a more radical camshaft, this would obviously
increase the counts. But, my idle is only 5" right now with the stock setup.
I can set the desired idle for warm operation and for cold operation, I can
only set the counts. What really controls the IAC valve? Reason I ask is
that the bin showed the stocker being set at 50 counts cold, whereas I am
showing 30 counts. I am trying to pinpoint if erratic IAC operation could be
causing this massive vacuum loss. Thanks, -Matt-