72's and IM240

Carl Ijames ijames at netaxs.com
Mon May 7 03:39:07 GMT 2001

At 10:03 PM 5/6/01 -0400, you wrote:

>From: "Carl Ijames" <ijames at netaxs.com>
> > I needed bigger injectors last year for my 86 TType, and wanted to see how
> > well I could make 72 lb/hr injectors work on the street even though they
> > are much bigger than I really need
>
>No such thing as too large, for a Turbo....<g>..
>Thanks for the detailed post.
>One thing just as a minor maybe try next time is more heat.
>I run a 190 and fan on of 210.
>Might have saved some work
>Bruce

I tried using on at 200 and off at 210 the last time, and it "ran
away".  Once it got over 205 or so it just kept climbing during the
tailpipe sniff test at the state test.  I didn't want to stop in the middle
of the test so kept going, holding it at 2500 rpms forever and watching the
temp get over 235.  Idiots have a nice fan that swings out in front of the
car for the dyno, but nothing for the simple sniff test that you could do
back then.

Regards,
Carl Ijames     ijames at netaxs.com