72's and IM240

DC Smith morepoweral at tetranet.net
Mon May 7 04:00:53 GMT 2001

 I did the emissions (IM 240) with my chip and 52 lb injectors. Failed the first
try. I put in a new O2 sensor, set the FP to ~38 psi static, and made sure BLM
was hovering around 128 at idle (set injector constant for that) and it did the
"fast pass" too. Last August. Don't they all rate things in grams/mile? It must
be nice to have access to a exhaust gas anaylizer!  My readings were:

 max allowed reading   actual reading

HC       2.0000                   0.0741 gpm
CO     30.0000                   0.8918 gpm
NOx     3.0000                   0.1502 gpm

CO2 49.0813 gpm  just    FYI

 This was with a 3" SS cat I got off of a motorhome or something big. :) I cut
the vback off, put the GN flange on it with stainelss wire in my welder, and a
band clamp on the down pipe connection. All stainless. I do think the dyno test
is an advantage when you have all that stainless tubing dropping the heat faster
than normal exhaust to the cat. The cat needs to be over 600 degrees to light
off properly, IMO.

 I am still playing with my 72 lb injectors too. I know they are way overkill
for what this car is running, but I hope to actually *need* that fuel, some day.
:)

Bruce Plecan wrote:

> From: "Carl Ijames" <ijames at netaxs.com>
> > I needed bigger injectors last year for my 86 TType, and wanted to see how
> > well I could make 72 lb/hr injectors work on the street even though they
> > are much bigger than I really need
>
> No such thing as too large, for a Turbo....<g>..
> Thanks for the detailed post.
> One thing just as a minor maybe try next time is more heat.
> I run a 190 and fan on of 210.
> Might have saved some work
> Bruce

Dan Smith      84 Regal   11.841 at 115.09     GSCA# 1459
St.Charles, Missouri
mailto:morepoweral at tetranet.net
http://www.tetranet.net/users/morepoweral
Owner of the spittinest, pukinest, nastiest running, converted
hot air turbo regal on the planet.