7730 Vss signal processing

terryk terryk at foothill.net
Tue May 8 17:30:53 GMT 2001

0x8018 Bit 6 (xXxx xxxx) is the mag/optical flag.
0x8014 is the IP divisor to set the speedo output.
0x8015 is the Road Speed Constant.

If it works anything like the Buick ECM's. the IP divisor sets the output to
the speed but doesn't affect the ECM's view of the MPH. The RSC sets the
ECM's view of the MPH, but not the output to the speedo.

It appears that the IPD is set for tire sizes meaning you can't fine tune
the speedo output for none standard sizes. You only get divide by 1, 6, 7,
8, 9, 10, 11.

Try
1  = 0x00,
6  = 0x02,
7  = 0x04,
8  = 0x06,
9  = 0x08,
10 = 0x0A,
11 = 0x0C

Or

1 = 0x00,
6 = 0x80,
7, = 0x40,
8 = 0xC0,
9 = 0x20,
10 = 0xA0
11 = 0x60:

I don't know for sure what divisors they use in the 7730.

Once the speedo is close to correct, adjust the RSC to make the ECM match
the speedo.

If any has seen it work differently, chime in. Again, I've only played with
this on the Buick ECM's.

Terry