Memcals & Netres

Malcolm Robb, LC 0112G Webmaster at lotus-carlton.fsnet.co.uk
Tue May 8 20:27:42 GMT 2001

This development MEMCAL's netres is discrete resistors only.  The production
MEMCAL as fitted to my car has these resistors integrated into 2 'chips',
which I understand is normal. Whilst I don't doubt that this combination of
resistors is unique to my type of car (a 1990 Vauxhall/Opel Lotus Carlton),
it should give anyone trying to decypher their own netres's resistor values
an idea of the connectivity. You'll need to be good friends with Mr Ohm and
Mr Thevenin though !

I have compared the EPROM code in the development MEMCAL with my car's
production one, and everything is the same except for 2 values in one of the
Spark Advance tables. I also know that the development MEMCAL works in my
car. Therefore <flame suit on> I'm assuming that both the ESC and NETRES are
discrete component implementations of the production version.

If anyone wants to redraw the circuits in a more user friendly way, I have
no objections. Use the circuits, photos and info as you want, at your own
discression & risk. It would be nice to produce a 'TurboP4.pdf" style
document covering the Memcal & Netres.
<flame suit off>

Cheers,
Malcolm Robb