limp 7730

Fisystems at aol.com Fisystems at aol.com
Wed May 9 03:36:17 GMT 2001

Strange problem for me but, maybe you guys have had or heard of this. I'm
running a 7730 on a L98 TPI race engine. Dyno numbers 510tq 465 hp. The
problem is the thing will go into limp mode every time I shut it off and try
to restart it. When it restarts it's in the limp mode. No communication with
scanner and base timing with static pulse width at the injectors. It will
stay that way until I disconnect the battery and reconnect it. I can then
start it and it will run fine, no codes, close loop and good power. I have
checked the power wires and grounds and all seems to be in order. I moved the
battery power to switched power so that I can shut it off and than restart it
without having to disconnect and reconnect it. With it wired that way if the
engine stalls and the power switch is still on, I can watch the scanner lose
communication after about three seconds. If I just hit the start button
without turning the power off and back on it's in the limp mode. Any ideas?

Thanks

Ken