limp 7730

Fisystems at aol.com Fisystems at aol.com
Wed May 9 05:23:49 GMT 2001

Very consistent... Happens with and without the Snap on scan tool or Diacom
connected.

In a message dated 5/8/2001 9:35:53 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
shannen at grolen.com writes:

<< Does this happen with the scan tool connected?  Without?  I've had
troubles leaving
 the scan tool connected and alive through a shutdown/restart sequence.  For
Y body
 cars the problems include false check engine light, locked up scna tool
 communications, inability of the bcm to communicate with other modules, loss
of
 digital dash data, false illumination of various dash warning lights, no
start,
 poor running, false VATS or other trouble codes.  All cases involve an
aftermarket
 scantool, that is, not a Tech 1.

 I have had good luck with disconnecting the scan tool and shutting the key
off for
 15-20 seconds before restarting the car.

 Shannen

 Fisystems at aol.com wrote:

 > Strange problem for me but, maybe you guys have had or heard of this. I'm
 > running a 7730 on a L98 TPI race engine. Dyno numbers 510tq 465 hp. The
 > problem is the thing will go into limp mode every time I shut it off and
try
 > to restart it. When it restarts it's in the limp mode. No communication
with
 > scanner and base timing with static pulse width at the injectors. It will
 > stay that way until I disconnect the battery and reconnect it. I can then
 > start it and it will run fine, no codes, close loop and good power. I have
 > checked the power wires and grounds and all seems to be in order. I moved
the
 > battery power to switched power so that I can shut it off and than restart
it
 > without having to disconnect and reconnect it. With it wired that way if
the
 > engine stalls and the power switch is still on, I can watch the scanner
lose
 > communication after about three seconds. If I just hit the start button
 > without turning the power off and back on it's in the limp mode. Any
ideas? >>