Australian VATS

Dave bigg at adam.com.au
Wed May 9 15:37:18 GMT 2001

-----Original Message-----
From: Ross Myers <ponty at axis.jeack.com.au>
To: gmecm at diy-efi.org <gmecm at diy-efi.org>
Date: Wednesday, May 09, 2001 11:39 PM
Subject: Re: Australian VATS

>> We ended up going to 'Awsome
>> Automotive' here in South Australia and gave them both memcal AND
computer
>> to modify.  The cost for us was $450 Aus.
>>
>> Anyone have an Idea on what would have been changed in the PCM?
>>
>> Dave.
>
>Dave,
>
> The VT PCM contains some EEPROM in the CPU (where the security codes are
>stored), they may have got into that, maybe to change them to a 'disable'
>value. Maybe it's not as simple as flipping a bit in the Memcal like the
>older ones.

Is it possible to read off of these EEPROMS? If so, how?
The guys that did the job said it was totally different to the older ones,
then again, they could also be purposely be throwing me off of the track!

>Did you read the Memcal they modified?.
>
>Ross Myers

Yes I did, but unfortunately the laptop I used to store the .bin on has had
a HD crash and am unable to retrieve my data off of it :(.  I did get a
chance to look at it but because (as mentioned b4) the little knowledge I
have, the code and data was just a bunch of letters and numbers for me,
sorry.  I will have to get my eprom burner software back and re-read the
EPROM.

Dave.