'7747

Ken Kelly ken73 at ken73.homeip.net
Fri May 11 01:19:23 GMT 2001

>>>I know the hood solenoid and AIR valves were issues in the conversion.  I
wonder if
the hood solenoid could be connected to the 7747 egr or canister purge valve
pin
and the tables reworked.  The AIR valves could take more research.  Either
convert
to older vacuum operated AIR valves, or start searching for a 7747
application
which controlled an AIR pump.  I don't know of any offhand, but I'd start
with the
first year for tbi in a pickup and I'd also look at v6 applications.

I don't really care about the hood solenoid really, as I've removed mine
(although I'll probably reinstall it later, permanently propped open) and it
really serves no function to me. (I need as much cool air as I can, I live
in Houston!)

The A.I.R. valves are what concern me the most. I'd like to get those setup
properly. Any idea on how I can figure out which application has them both?
(Where should I start looking?) The rest of it seems to be pretty obvious;
cannister purge (I assume most vehicles had this anyway?) is obvious, as
well as EGR. Any ideas where I can start looking?

Thanks again guys..

"The Third" Ken (Resistance is futile, you will be assimilated??)