'7747 & two A.I.R. valves - CrossFire retrofit

steve ravet sravet at arm.com
Fri May 11 14:14:48 GMT 2001

I thought I remembered from the JTR book that truck engines didn't have
AIR.  Looking at the book now I don't know what gave me that idea.  I'd
like to remove the AIR pump from the 350 in my S-10, the engine bay is
extremely crowded on that side, and the pump pulley is close enough to
nick the lower radiator hose.  I thought converting to a 747 and using
truck style accessory mounting brackets would do it.  Is there a
truck/747 application that doesn't use AIR?  I've been browsing
carparts.com (good idea BTW) starting with the older HD trucks but
haven't found one yet.

--steve

--
Steve Ravet