870 Spark Control

Matt Sandine msandine at purdue.edu
Sat May 12 03:53:12 GMT 2001

Yep, the wiring all checks out, but tomorrow I am going to check to make sure the ECM is receiving a voltage above 8 volts from the ESC. Evidently when this signal wire drops to 6 volts or less, the ECM starts to pull the timing out. Maybe it is 0 volts for some reason even though the wiring checks out so far and no code throws. At 0 volts, I assume the ECM would be full retard which could most definatly be what I am experiencing. If my car wasn't so loud, I would be checking it tonight. Thanks, Keith. -Matt-