EGOR Output Signal Survey

Bob Wooten r71chevy at earthlink.net
Thu May 17 04:58:24 GMT 2001

Personally I would prefer a digital display, but that's just me I want to
see a number not look @ a bulb & have to figure out where I am.  we have
them @ work & they are a simple 0 - 1 vdc (or 0-2, or 0-5 etc) input that
run off of a 5vdc source.  I just made a simple circuit using an op-amp to
control offset & gain for a flow meter project.  it allowed me to change the
zero point of the meter (It had an offset @ the bottom end) & the slope @
the top end (it was a bit non linear, in its output).  I would imagine some
thing like this w/reference to real ground so I don't have to use a negative
offset voltage, would work fine for this type of app.  I seem to recall
someone suggesting something like this circuit earlier (about a month or two
ago).  I think that the displays that we buy are $2 or $4 each.

I would also like some form of analog output signal that I can put to a data
logger.  0-1 would again work perfect.

I am thinking that taking the final stage of the meter & splitting it to a
display & analog output circuit would work but if I recall correctly would
add about 50% hardware to the existing design.  a necessary evil if you ask
me.  even though it works as is, we have to be able to interface to it, &
the more simple the better (KISS applies here).  if anyone is interested I
can draw up what I have & submit it for a "design review" for those
interested.  Oh yea, for my needs I don't care where Stoch is.  the display
will tell me & so will the data logger.

My2c.
BW

- <Snip>