Change oil soon

Bob Wooten r71chevy at earthlink.net
Sat May 26 04:08:28 GMT 2001

I just bought a new (1998, so new to me) Grand Prix with the 3.8.  It has a
"change Oil Soon" light in it.  anyone know how this works?  @ first I
thought it was a mileage thing but I am due for an oil change soon & it
appears that the light stays on longer as the days go on.  @ first it is on
for 10 seconds & then goes off, after the car has been running.  Does it
have a Viscosity sensor, contaminant sensor, particulate sensor?

Boy am I glad that the list is back on line, & judging from all the "hello,
is anyone out there" emails, looks like we are all in need of our fix.
thanks for getting the list up.

Bob Wooten
r71chevy at earthlink.net
www.r71camaro.homestead.com