Cleaning MAF wire and O2 sensor

msandine at purdue.edu msandine at purdue.edu
Tue May 29 20:50:37 GMT 2001

My burnoff circuit (with separate module in '870) is
not working and the dealer said $920. One more reason
to go to the 165.

1) Since the MAF wire is probably crudded up by now, is
it possible to mist it lightly with throttle body
cleaner a few times to get the crud off?

2) Also, my car was running rich for some time while
troubleshooting it in the garage...can I just burn off
any possible residue with a Benzomatic torch?

3) Last question. Does anyone have experience with turn
around time for Memcals when ordering them through
gmpartsdirect.com? It said 7-10 days, but if my dealer
can get it in 3, I would think that I might be able to
get it from the online place in about 4.