Change oil soon (& then some)

Greg Westphal gcwestph at erols.com
Wed May 30 02:35:58 GMT 2001

My wife's 2000 Buick Regal has the same oil-life monitoring system you
GP has.  It's amazing all of the other things packed into these cars'
computers. :)  Concerning the oil viscosity, today's engines have
tighter tolerances, so they don't need the thicker oil to maintain an
acceptable oil pressure.  My '87 IROC (305 TPI until next weekend) has a
recommended oil of 5W-30, which I've used for the past 60k miles (only
Mobil 1), and it still has great oil pressure and doesn't leak or burn
oil with 131k miles on it now. :-)

Greg Westphal
'87 IROC