Siamesed Runner TPI Questions...

Dave Zug dzug at delanet.com
Wed May 30 06:03:52 GMT 2001

This thread over here too?

Its not for everyone... but it is possible to extend the range of the TPI
more to popular liking...

Think of how the siamesed runners shift the curve. Now say "what if" the
runners were siamesed all the way down?  more shift. Now... hmmm.. what if
the siamesing was extended all the way INTO the base?  no need for large
runners or a ported upper intake now... cause you're drawing from 2 runers
simultaneously!  reversion is a concers, especially with #5 stealing fuel
from #7 in the cycle of things but cam overlap management can help here.

Here is Mike's URL with dynos of some different TPI intakes.. including the
siamesed-base.
http://www.eecis.udel.edu/~davis/z28/winter01/dyno/

again.. not for everyone... just another idea for the mix.. complete with
dyno data.

Oh.. the siamesed-base dyno will be re-done soon. A problem was found with
the motor setup and is now repaired.. the dyno comparisons illustrate the
mod well enough (a zero dollar mod I might note) .. but the next set should
show more of an appropriate comparison. stay tuned! ;-)

-Dave Z

89 Iroc - '730 - 383 large tube MAP TPI, ZZ3 cam ,dry NOS 50 shot.
12.79 @106 / 12.08 @ 112.   www.delanet.com/~tgp
92 25th annev convertible  305 / T56.  268 mph in a perfect vacuum.