NYT article - GM cylinder dropping

ae2598 at wayne.edu ae2598 at wayne.edu
Wed May 30 20:26:43 GMT 2001

Sounds a lot like the variable-rate lifters that have been made by a hi-po
parts company for many years!  Can't remember who offhand.. Was it
Crower?

As long as we're OT, why didn't the original attempt at the 4-6-8 cylinder
engine work?  Seems like a great idea to me.. Should allow the motor to
run at higher cylinder pressures through the operating range.  Seems like
other than added ECM complexity, there wouldn't be any other drawbacks
that I could think off offhand!