gmc typhoon starting out ?

ECMnut at aol.com ECMnut at aol.com
Thu May 31 03:16:43 GMT 2001

 I'm probably assuming alot, but you sound as if you've already
installed the cam & heads.  I did a mild cam with the same engine
a while back, and the MAP system ran way rich, due to the decreased
vacuum at idle.  The fix ended up being much simpler than I originally
planned, when I started guessing away at the closed throttle VE tables.
As it turned out, I was able to totally compensate for the cam's vaccum
drop by adjusting the lower RPM params of the "Base Pulse VE vs RPM"
table at 0x04AD in the SyTy chip.  That is also the addy in the 3bar bin.

Stock looked like:
  RPM   0         400   800   1200  1600  2000  2400  ===>> 6000
  Table Value    30.9  30.9  30.9   30.9   30.9   30.9   etc

Mine looked like:
  RPM   0         400   800   1200  1600  2000  2400
  Table Value    30.9  26.6   28.1   29.7  30.1   30.9

Your results may vary.
I used the fuel integrator to tune, shooting for 128-135.
If the int is too high, it is trying to lean things out, so you
need to raise the table value in that RPM area.
HTH Mike V
91 Syclone