Siamesed Runner TPI Questions...

ECMnut at aol.com ECMnut at aol.com
Thu May 31 23:29:46 GMT 2001

>  Hmmm, I was under the impression that the difference in rpm potential
> between
>  two identical intakes compared on a 350ci and a 400ci would be
approximately
>  500 rpm, as in the 350ci should see approximately 500 rpm more air etc. Is
> this
>  close?
>  <sinp>
I don't remember the exact numbers, but I replaced a 12:1 350
 engine with a 12:1 400, using the same bow tie heads and victor JR
manifold (750 holley) and went from 6500 rpm gear changes to 5100.
There are lots of variables, but I was amazed at the ET gains when
I starting shifting at much lower RPM than my butt dyno suggested.
I also went from a 5.38 gear to a 4.10 and the car went from 11.90s to 10.90s
with a very mild hyd cam.  400s make low rpm torque in a big way.
The 400 would have pulled higher if I'd use the longer 5.7inch 350 rod.
The guy I sold the car to, cracked a cylinder his first time out
when he insisted on going to 7500 rpm for his burnouts.
Mike V