DRAC for 730 to 749 conversion

Dig turbodig at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 4 13:22:15 GMT 2001

> Subject: Re: DRAC for 730 to 749 conversion
>
> Dig
>
> I just got the $58 calibration from Tunercat.  In
> going over that this
> afternoon I found the Road Speed Sensor Constant
> that you mentioned and the
> toggle for the VSS.  Set the switch to magnetic and
> set the speed sensor
> constant to 4000ppm.  Since I have a T-56 six speed
> I don't have to worry
> about the TCC lockup.  So is there something in the
> code that I have to
> disable to let the ECM know that I'm not controlling
> a Charge Air Coolant
> solenoid but instead the primary cooling fan or do I
> just connect pin E8 to
> my primary cooling fan solenoid and set the fan
> enable coolant temps high
> and low?

That should work for ya... there's no real difference
in the code/cal for the Sy/Ty app or the Sunbird. It
just drives a CAC relay vs. a fan relay.

Might want to use the sunbird manual as a base,
though,
just to save yourself some cal work.

Later,

Dig
'91 Syclone - 12.08 at 110 | Factory tires, Factory exh.